A CEO impacting the disability community nationally
- An experienced CEO with a demonstrated commitment to community engagement, advocacy and an ability to understand and have empathy with Australian families.
- Experienced in working closely with a Board, with a strong understanding of corporate governance, federated organisational structure and the ability to deliver and manage strategic operations set by a Board.
- Acknowledgement as a leader in the philanthropic space.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate positions effectively at senior levels in the government, community and corporate sectors on funding partnerships.
- Tenacity in advocating for the interests of stakeholders and effectiveness in negotiation and representation at senior levels.
- Experience in building collaborative, committed and effective teams in alignment with organisational mission and values.
- Commercially astute, with strong financial management and superior conceptual and analytical skills.
Detailed briefings were undertaken with the client’s Board and executive team to fully understand the value proposition of the role and preferred candidate profile.
Research and mapping was undertaken across the not for profit, disability and health service delivery landscape in Australia and New Zealand, focussing on leaders with commercial orientation and strong business acumen, coupled with a history of managing change in dynamic organisations.
Our team reached out to individuals across these networks, engaging in dialogue to ascertain advice and recommendations of potential candidates, who were then encouraged to apply and were interviewed by Fisher Leadership to evaluate their fit with the requirements and culture of the client’s organisation.
From a gender-balanced longlist of eight, five candidates bringing a range of experience and expertise across the not for profit, health and government sectors were selected for interview. Two proceeded to present to the full Board and undertook psychometric testing. Following detailed referencing, the successful candidate was appointed.